HEALTH & SAFETY
The personal health and safety of each employee of the company are of primary importance. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illnesses is of such consequence that it will be given priority over operative productivity where necessary. To the greatest degree possible, management will provide all mechanical and physical facilities required for personal health and safety in keeping with the highest standards.
We will maintain a health and safety program conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type. To be successful, such a program must start with proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of both supervisors and employees. We are committed to cooperating with the Occupational Health & Safety Committee/Workplace Health & Safety Designate/Worker Health & Safety Representative in carrying out their collective responsibility for occupational health and safety. Only through such a cooperative effort can a safety program be established and preserved in the best interest.
Our objective is a health and safety program that will reduce the number of injuries and illnesses to an absolute minimum, not merely in keeping with, but surpassing, the best experience of operations similar to ours. Our goal is zero accidents and injuries.
Our health and safety program will involve:
- Providing mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Conducting a program of health and safety inspections to find and eliminate unsafe working conditions and practices, to control health hazards, and to comply fully with the health and safety standards for every job.
- Training for employees in good health and safety practices.
- Providing necessary personal protective equipment and instruction for its use and care.
- Developing and enforcing health and safety rules and requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigating every accident/incident, promptly and thoroughly to find out what caused it and to correct the problem so that it won’t happen again.
- We operate within the philosophy of an Internal Responsibility System and recognize that the responsibilities for health and safety are shared.
- The employer accepts the responsibility for leadership of the health and safety program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the safeguards required to ensure safe conditions.
- The Occupational Health & Safety Committee/Workplace Health & Safety Designate/Worker Health & Safety Representative is responsible for i dentifying unhealthy or unsafe aspects of the workplace through participation in inspections or investigations, promoting health and safety education programs, and by developing recommendations and maintaining records.
- Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward health and safety in them and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of all personnel involved.
- Employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the health and safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
* The safety information in this policy does not take precedence over the Occupational Health and Safety Act. All employees should be familiar with the Occupation Health and Safety Act and Regulations.